Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Legend of Cornwood part three

I have divided this one into sections too. Read it as you wish.
Down we fell into the blackness. We landed in a room with of the Red King sitting on his throne covered in gold. I chipped away the mouth with my chisel and the statue (well actually it was the Red King covered in gold) said "The Gold King has gotten to me. The only cure is the RedWater. Pour some on me, quick!"
We poured some RedWater on him and the gold melted away. "Thank you," the king said, "In return I shall give you a gift. Come forth, Lukas of the Darkness Realm." Lukas stepped foreward and the Red King gave him what looked like a glove made out of rubies. "This is a very special glove. Here, try it out."
The king waved his hand and a door appeared in the wall. "This door will take you straight to the Gold King's palace. However it is locked," he said. Then he motioned lo Lukas and said, "Go to the door."
Lukas went to the door and as if by magic (actually because of magic) the glove flew towards the door and unlocked it. "Go, heroes!" the king said, "And may luck be with you"
We arrived outside the castle. The castle, being designed by a mad genius,  was structured like this:
_______________
l   _____    ____   1
l  1                 1  1
l  1  CASTLE    1  1
l  1__________1  1
l_____        _____1
          RIVER
            US
Vanyel started making a catapult to get across the river moat wall fortress. When he was done, we all climbed in and were launched over the wall. Lucas wrapped us in his cape and we landed in the courtyard with a thud.
After walking around the castle (we had to find the entrance) we entered into the maze. after following the dowsing rod for some time through the maze, we came to a glowing green orb. "Is this it?" I asked.
"No," said Vanyel, "This is some sort of substance that is messing with the dowsing rod. We're on our own."

After a lot more wandering we came to some stairs. Vanyel went down, and we followed. Suddenly, Vanyel threw himself on the floor. We did too, and just avoided being hit by a large whirring blade. Lukas reached out and caught it.
We looked down to inspect the blade, and saw the blood of emerald soldiers on it. Lukas gave Vanyel the blade and we kept going. There was writing and pictures on the walls. This is what they said:
"One day, many thousands of years ago, when the gods fell to earth, they created a tree. This tree was made out of the most rare substance of the world: cornwood. The surrounding area was then named Cornwood, in honor of the tree. The wood was said to be able to do anything and everything, even power the -17Inator. It was so powerful that the original gods sealed it in some really dark and forbidden place. The place was so dark that even the sun would just be smothered out by the darkness."
The walls went on like this for quite some time. Then we arrived at a chamber with a sleeping insane dwarf.
We could tell he was insane because of the sign on his chest that said "Insane." Lukas threw an arrow at a golden apple near his head. Because he was so insane, he started sleeping more soundly. Lukas cast the spell of silence on the room. The dwarf's snores grew louder. Lukas cancelled the silence spell and vanyel asked "Okay, so what makes people go insane?"
"Fingernails on a chalkboard!" Said Lukas. Vanyel made a chalkboardish object and started scraping it. Almost instantly, the dwarf sat up and yawned.
"Ah," he said, "thanks for making me sane again. I assume you are heroes. In return for doing that I shall give you each two things that I make out of gold."
We chose our stuff. Vanyel got a hundred arrows and some golden string for his emerald bow, Lukas got some golden batteries for his scythe and a golden something-or-other, and I got a golden shield and three golden flashlights. Lukas put his golden batteries into the flashlights and found an emerald battery for himself that made his scythe long-range. I wrapped the plasma whip around the shield and made it a plasma shield.
"There you go," said the dwarf, "And be careful. Up ahead you may have to get into combat"

Up ahead, we got into some combat. Five guard dwarves (with "Guard" signs on their chests) tried to kill us. Lukas and Vanyel each sniped two. I ran in close and slammed one of the dwarves with my shield, thereby making him DESINTEVAPORATE. Vanyel picked up one of their golden semiautomatic pistols and we moved on.
Some time later, we came to a large chamber. The large chamber had a huge tentacled thing in the middle. By squinting, I could see that the Magical Gemerald of Power (which is its official name, as we learned from the writing on the walls) was inside the creature. We set about getting to the gemerald.
Lukas cut off the tentacles from afar with his scythe and Vanyel shot it in the eyes with his gun. I held my shield behind me and slashed with my sword in front of me so he couldn't get me. Going on like this for a while, we realized we were going nowhere fast.
I ran back to vanyel and drank some RedWater, then I started slashing through the monster much quicker, so I was able to almost make it to the gemerald. However, the center part of the monster just kept re-growing too fast. I asked Vanyel for some help.
Vanyel quickly took all the tentacle bits around him to make a huge tentacle bullet, then he shot it directly into the center of the beast. I grabbed the gemerald through the hole he made and started running.
"Wait!" Said lukas, "Under the monster is an immense hole that travels past the red layer, past the blue layer, and into the platinum layer."
"But we have to go now!" I told him, pointing at the dwarves labeled "Warrior".
"We can come back later" I grabbed him out of the hole and pulled him away. Vanyel and Lukas drank the last of the RedWater and followed me as I raced ahead of the massive wave of dwarves. We eventually lost them and tossed the gemerald into the arms of the surprised Emerald king. Our first quest was over.
END OF BOOK ONE
If you're wondering, book two hasn't been made yet.

No comments: