Monday, November 27, 2017

A Week Elsewhere

New York was fun. Pleasant, at times. Monday we went to Times Square to get tickets and see the view from the 8th floor of the Marriott Hotel. We also ate the most wonderful churros.

Tuesday we went to the Museum and saw some stuff. It wasn't as cool as the first few times. The exhibit on the senses was okay. The butterflies were fun, although they reminded me of the upcoming quiz on leps for Bio of Terrestrial Arthropods. Then we had churros again. And... I think we watched Spiderman: Homecoming? Or maybe that was Monday. Or Wednesday.

Wednesday we watched Dear Evan Hanson. I didn't get as into it as I anticipated, but it was good. The lead was played by someone other than the original lead, who is apparently said to be better than him. I can confirm that the lead from the show was a better actor than the lead from the official soundtrack. Then we went back, eating some delicious waffles (I got a s'mores waffle).

Thursday was Thanksgiving! We watched Coco, which was a really good movie. I liked it a lot. Then we ate a big dinner, filled with mashed potatoes and bacon. I ate so much mashed potatoes, and so much bacon. We might have done other stuff, but if we did I've forgotten.

Friday we went to the Met. Looked at art. I had fun. Impressionist paintings still get me every time. How do they DO that with the water? There was also a freaky deer covered with glass orbs. After eating at Shake Shack we had drinks at the Vue, taking a neat timelapse of the revolving city.

Saturday we drove back. Ate breakfast at the Cosme. Watched Summer Wars, which was fun.

Sunday was yesterday. We went to the "best aquarium in New England," which was nice. We ate dinner in Morse, and I discovered the ice cream section. Then we watched 9 and said goodbye.

Three weeks remaining. What else happened this week? I talked a lot of film review stuff with my mom. Theming and characters and such. I got to the 3-warp stage in Flow, and noped my way out. I'll get to it soon, probably. I also made this:


No comments: