Thursday, November 9, 2017

The Day Before Yesterday, Tuesday the Seventh

Today it is tomorrow, at 1:10 AM. I have done all of my Math 230 P-set except for question 2B. I have also just read a Gasterpost. These two factors, and also checking my email, are what made it 1:12 AM. The past few days have been something. I think I've gone to bed after midnight starting Friday, and going on. Still no all-nighters, though, which I consider a success.

The day before yesterday, Tuesday the Seventh, I learned from Pat that the fibonaccish thing I did wasn't special. Which, I mean, I had already known, but like still it's nice to have confirmation. Also fun fact it's actually much nicer and more intuitive with matrices rather than generating functions. Also, moments from today/yesterday: E X T E N D   T H E   C U B E !  That is all.

Today, by which I mean yesterday, the 8th, I had 20 minutes of free time. I used it to watch a Yogscast video. I had four hours of bio lab and three hours of choir, along with working and studying. I feel very productive.

The day before yesterday, Tuesday the Seventh, I finished A Voyage To Arcturus. And I think I got it. Like, understood what had been happening the whole time. I feel accomplished. Hint: it's about two worlds and two beings, and the sensations of pleasure and pain. It's also about spirits and ghosts.

Today, by which I mean yesterday, the 8th, my earbuds broke. One of the speakers doesn't work anymore. It's actually the wire that's awry, but still. I noticed while pinning insects that my right ear had stopped hearing music, and quickly attributed that to the earbuds. The sound came on again intermittently as I worked. When I left (at 5:30), Stay Alive by José Gonzáles was playing. It was a fitting song for dying, I thought. I let the earbuds keep playing until the end of the song. At the fery last swell, "dawn is coming, open your eyes," the right speaker came back to life. For one last hurrah, it sang to the end of that line. When the song got quiet again, it dropped out. It will likely never play again. I kept the earbuds in my ears, playing nothing, as I walked back to my dorm. When I took them out, I felt it. Which is a strange thing to say, but it's true.

There are many things I have yet to do. One of them is sleep. Good night.

No comments: