Wednesday, July 20, 2011

On the subject of summer camps

Yes, that is an origami Yoda; we'll get to it later. I think it's time to take a break of boring old lists for a while and talk about life. At the moment, my life includes mostly summer camps. I am currently in CSI summer camp. Earlier I did Rocky Mountain Theatre for Kids. Next I will do ICamp. It's starting to sound like a list again, isn't it? What I'm really here to tell you about is this kid at CSI. I don't know his name so I will call him not-Anthony because he is kinda like Anthony but he isn't Anthony. On the first day he kept hitting this kid softly and the kid did nothing, and today that kid tapped him with a paper and he got really angry and told the teacher. Another thing, yesterday not-Anthony was talking to his friend and he almost walked into a tree. Not-Anthony got so mad that he hit the tree, then three bees came down and he screamed and ran away. He's also the kind of person who makes bad jokes and thinks they're funny. Today he was talking about how bananas are radioactive and I said, "Radioactive bananas? Sounds like the title for a cool video game," and not-Anthony said, "You're a radioactive poop!" and laughed himself silly while the rest of the class just looked at him as if he were crazy. Today we made origami DNA and not-Anthony bragged that he could make an origami Yoda, then complained that it was impossible to make origami DNA (the picture is of an origami Yoda that I found at this link. Congratulatations to Fumiaki Kawahata for designing it and Phillip West for folding it.). He makes the class a lot more interesting. Well, it's 9: 03 and I'm yawning so I think I should post this now or I won't get to read the rest of The Mysterious Benedict Society. To recap: Summer camp, not-Anthony, three bees in trees, radioactive bananas, origami yoda. Good night!

No comments: