Monday, July 18, 2011

What do I post about Primeval now?

Good question. I've run out of series at the moment (BTW, join the series 6 campaign HERE. I don't have a facebook account so I can't do it so please do it for me) so I have an idea: I'll write all the animals of the older novels too! Yaaay! Each novel is set between two episodes, shown here as series.episode. There are currently 4: Shadow of the Jaguar set between episodes 2.3 and 2.4, The Lost Island set between 2.3 and 2.4 (directly after Shadow of the Jaguar), Extinction Event set between 2.7 and 3.1, and Fire and Water set between 3.5 and 3.6. Let's go in order:

Shadow of the Jaguar: Thylacosmilus, future bird.
The Lost Island: Badger-like mammal, dromaeosaur, eotyrannus, iguanodon, liopleurodon, neovenator, polacanthus, pterosaur, anatotitan.
Extinction Event: Ankylosaurus, didelphodon, dimetrodon, entelodon, euparkeria, pachycephalosaurus, prehistoric bird, prehistoric mammal, shrew-like creature, torosaurus, troodon, tyrannosaurus, sparrow-sized pterosaur.
Fire and Water: Sauroposeidon, triceratops, eustreptospondylus, postosuchus, velociraptors, deinosuchus, two unidentified theropods.

The Future Bird could have evolved from modern day woodpeckers. This would explain the tooth-covered tongue, as some woodpeckers already have this. A type of woodpecker may have evolved to tackle beehives, pecking into the hive and catching any bees within. Then it evolved a pheromone scent that allowed it to lure bees to it. After a while some started to use the bees to hunt and protect itself. Then it got bigger and flightless, and was able to control other animals. The picture is unfortunately too big to be included here. Um, I can't think of anything else to post so I guess I'll end now.

No comments: