Sunday, April 24, 2016

Dream template

It's the future
I have a dream journal
It's just little notes
They get longer later on
This is the template
...
So, a while ago I decided it was the future, and I feel like that means I should start doing stuff. First off, I am going to officially plot the story that has been in my head for like two years now. But also, I'm going to start writing down my dreams.

See, I've had a dream journal for a while, now. Since grade school, I think. I just jot down little notes when I wake up, if I think the dream was cool. I have a lot of dreams accumulated now. The documents of dreams, in order, are as follows: jetpack level, Escaping a castle, I had a cool dream so, and On a boat. They are all named after their first line (because they were originally iPhone notes) and have 43, 35, 42, and 19 pages, with a total of 139 pages worth of dreams. The last one was, I suppose, cut off short.Also, at the beginning, I only have a few lines, but later they get really wordy, because I just remember more stuff and I know how to write about it.

This post serves as a template for the dream writing that I'm planning to do. Essentially, I just rewrite the dreams to be a narrative. I'll fill in the details as faithfully as I can, but you know how memory is.
...
This is the last part of three sections. Here, I say which parts of the above dream are from memory, and which I made up for story reasons. In this case, I already know everything, so this section isn't exactly a huge thing. It probably never will be, especially as I write more details in the later dreams.

Eventually, I might put the actual content first, when the journal part gets too long. Or maybe just have a link and tell people to find it for themselves if they're interested. Yeah, that one's probably smarter.

No comments: