Friday, August 12, 2011

My Vacation

My vacation started three days ago and so far it's been really fun. Before you start wondering what kind of monster school I go to (just so you know, I go to Platt CHOICE) let me tell you the difference between summer vacation and summer break. A break is when you don't go to school for a period of time longer than 64 hours (that's two days plus eight hours before and after school). A vacation is when you go to a place far enough away that they have a separate airport during a break. I am currently writing from my dad's computer in snowmass. The last two days were really fun (the first day of our vacations are always spent lollygagging around the house)
Yesterday we went to the pool and played with a beach ball in a weird version of soccer, then dad became a zombie and tried to capture the beach ball, which was always being yanked away at the last second.
Then we went to the park and decided to get ice cream, so we searched for an ice cream shop. On the way we found a fountain and whenever it stopped spraying, we ran through it. Somebody had put a balloon in the fountain and sometimes it got shot up into the air. Then we went to a nearby park and played a little on the rocks and the spinning things that spin. I made up a game on the spinning things that spin where you start sitting and try to stand while spinning. then I saw lucia on the hammok-swing and decided to join. Two other kids came too and we swung really high. Then the kid next to me started to hug me and I yelled "Why does everybody hug me! It doesn't make any sense!" and then of course Lucia and the other guy started hugging me so I left the hammock-swing. Then grandma interviewed me and I answered every question with "El arbol" which means "the tree". Then we went for some ice cream and I found a magpie and named him crow for absolutely no reason. Then we went to a store called Electric except when you look closely it actually says Eclectic which means (I just looked this up):

    ec·lec·tic

    noun /iˈklektik/ 
    eclectics, plural

    1. A person who derives ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources

      adjective /iˈklektik/ 

      1. Deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources
        • - her musical tastes are eclectic

      2. Of, denoting, or belonging to a class of ancient philosophers who did not belong to or found any recognized school of thought but selected such doctrines as they wished from various schools

    Dada! The dictionary.com definition. The store sells a lot of different stuff so it is eclectic #1. Anyways, the store had a sock monkey. Yes, I made you read all that for a sock monkey.
    Later at dinner I said "El arbol" again and everybody started laughing even mom who didn't know the joke and so we reviewed the video and everybody laughed even harder. Then I read Tentacles and went to sleep.
    You know what? I think that's enough for one post. Coming soon: day three of my vacation.

      No comments: